Chumbawamba-Tumbthumping

I get knocked down
But I get up again
You'll never gonna keep me down

Sunday, May 16, 2010

wishlist - #2



I so miss Paris. I miss remembering Paris and visiting Paris. Night and day, anytime. I hate hundreds of photos from Paris a great deal more memories from Paris. I fell inlove with the lights. The light's city. Tour Eiffel, Tour Montparnasse, Montmartre, Cartierul Latin, Au Lapin Agile, Musee D’Orsay, Le Louvre, Moulin Rouge, Place Pigalle, Place de Clichy, Barbes-Rochechouart, Champs Elysees, Place de la Madeleine, Sacre Coeur, Jardin Du Luxembourg, La Seine, Batobus, Saint Germain de Pres, Notre Dame de Paris, Arc de Triomphe, Les Galeries Lafayette, Tabac de la Sorbonne, Academie Nationale de Musique, Les Halles, Versailles, Irish Pub in the Latin Neighbourhood, Boulangerie, Ecole de Medecine, Place de la Concorde, Saint Lazare, Charles de Gaulle Aeroport, Rue Mansart and the internet cafe-ul from Rue Fontaine I guess, Rue Blanche, the ex-house of Serge Lama, the african, south-american and stuff exposition at the Louvre, “Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite”, “Bon jour”, orange fresh and croissant for breakfast, lots of photos and the lights of Tour Eiffel in the evening, Quick and the delicious from the market in Place Pigalle. Sadness and depression that were to hide an incommensurable happiness, hiding to cry while drying my hair with that amazing hairdryer in the bathroom of the Royal Mansart hotel… and the French woman who was cleaning up the tables in the morning, after breakfast, a typical French woman, with a big butt. If I ever get to Paris again, I won't come back. I can;t be happy with a week or two of beauty and harmony of the landscape, of colour and life, of heat and cold, of the Seine and of hot chocolate with traditional croissants. Months are not enough for me to visit Le Louvre, Minutes are not enough for me to contemplate Gioconda. A week ain't enough to visit Montmartre. A day's not enough for me to shop at Les Halles. I can't fit in a few days of walking down the Seine until I get lost in the opposite districts to where I would stay and I can't feel my feet anymore. I need months, years, decades, lives te discover Paris. And I don't have enough money too stay there as long as I want. Five lives if I had to live and I would spend them in Paris. Take a walk in Jardin du Luxembourg daily, meditate and admire the great colours of the flowers and the striking green of the small trees, all the fountains in the whole city - I would photograph them and let them know they are a part of me, of my heart. Follow people speaking the worst French ever, spoken on the streets and at those thousands of cafe's on the pavements of Paris, to steal the accent and try to imitate them and then laugh at myself in my mind. To imagine how would it be for me to get married at the Madeleine Church and have the wedding party at the second level of Tour Eiffel or at George V. To wear a Chanel dress and pearl jewelry. Living “un rêve éternel”. To hear “Marie la polonaise” in the background at night and at daytime - old happy French music in Montmartre, just like in the movies. But life beats the movie, it would be real! I wanna get to see La Defense and photograph the imitation of the Arc de Triomphe. To be a doctor at Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital and speak French fluently. I'm dreaming... I'm only dreaming… I'm still dreaming and I don't want to wake up under no circumstances until this will stop being a dream! Last tango in Paris… Aux, Champs Elysees, La Marseillaise!


















No comments:

Post a Comment