Chumbawamba-Tumbthumping

I get knocked down
But I get up again
You'll never gonna keep me down

Saturday, May 15, 2010

wishlist - #1

Bienvenida a Tijuana!


I wanna visit Tijuana. Not only for "tequila, sexo, marijuana", but also for the landscapes, for the language, for the traditions and for the air of Mexico. The beach there is amazing, just like the whole west coast of the Americas.
I wanna smell the danger on the streets of Tijuana and be afraid of going downtown at night. I wanna meet drug-dealers and not to know they are drug-dealers, to see what wonderful people (or not) they are.
I wanna surf the waves of the Tijuana beach and stare at the Mexican surfers' muscles, while enjoying a Surfer Cocktail on my chair. I wanna listen to the Mariachi in the restaurants and I wanna read in Spanish whatever I see there.
I wanna go to Tijuana and take photos everywhere, just like those desperate Chinese tourists, but the difference is that I would stare at all the things surrounding me.

I wanna take a walk around Tijuana and sing Manu's "Bienvenida a Tijuana" and "Clandestino", por que no creo que alguna vez voy a volver, asi que voy a ser para siempre "La Clandestina".


Welcome to Tijuana!









No comments:

Post a Comment